Saturday, March 28, 2009

Carson Evan

Sean's brother and his wife welcomed Carson Evan into the world yesterday. He is named after our Evan and we are so touched by this. I would be lying if I said it did not hurt. I would be lying if I didn't say yesterday was really hard. But the truth is it was hard for them too. It hurt them too. It hurts for everyone involved. I could wallow in my pain or I can decided to be happy that this beautiful baby is happy and healthy and loved. So today I am choosing to be happy for Aaron and Kelly who have this precious baby to hug and love. To be happy for his big sister who doesn't quite know what to think about him yet. To be happy for his grandparents who have another grandson to love. To be happy for Sean and I who have a healthy nephew to spoil. To be happy for G&G who have a new cousin to play with. God has given this family a precious new life and I can celebrate that or fall into a pit of grief and bitterness. And I am choosing to celebrate this precious new life.

8 comments:

Lexie said...

he's cute and that's really cool they named hin after your Evan...how thoughtful

Rhonda said...

I thought of you yesterday and prayed for you. I thought you might have been having a rough day since I didn't hear from you. We will definitely still have to scrapbook together one of these days. : ) Scot and the girls ended up not camping because of the yucky weather, and I didn't feel too hot yesterday. Congratulations on your new nephew. What a cutie he is, and what a beautiful NAME! Love, Rhonda

Chrissy Cash said...

Monica, you are such an inspiration! I don't think you even know how you have touched so many lives through your attitude throughout this whole situation. What a witness for the Lord! I know you are grieving, but there is still a distinct joy in your words and that can only come from Christ who is in you. God is using you in awesome ways, in ways you don't even know. I'm praying for you as you continue to heal.

Michelle said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Evan. I'm so moved by your attitude and the choices you're making concerning this new life, in the midst of your pain. You are truly an inspiration.

Courtney said...

It has to be incredibly hard....but you have no idea what a blessing it is for them that you choose to be happy for them instead of holding it against them that they have a healthy new baby. You really are an incredibly strong person, and I love you for it. I was so happy to see you Saturday and to get to hug you. I wish we could've spent more time together...hopefully soon.

Denise said...

I can't even imagine the pain you are going through, all the emotions you are feeling. I do understand the feelings of a new baby in the family when your arms long to hold a new baby of your own and all the emotions that go along with it. I pray that God will hold you in his arms and comfort you in a way that only he can.

Stacy said...

your attitude is amazing. You are such a wonderful person. Your new nephew is handsome. Good to see your smiling face Saturday. You are still in my prayers.

Mary Ann said...

Monica, I admire you so much! You are an ispiration! A woman of such gracious strength....