Tuesday, March 08, 2011

My Husband is a Rock Star

I have said it before and I will say it again. Men and women grieve so differently. While we were in Little Rock with Evan, the Little Rock Marathon was ran. After we lost Evan, Sean decided to run the Little Rock marathon in memory of Evan. This is part of his grief process and I think it is amazing. So we spent the weekend in Little Rock trying to cheer him on! Here he is about mile 13. Still going strong!

We then drove all over Little Rock trying to see him again and just missing him! I would pull up to a spot where people were watching the marathon and ask what time pacer just went by and it was the one 30 minutes after him all four times!! I finally just went to the 25 mile marker! I was so disappointed! I wanted to be there to cheer him on and encourage him! Here are the kids watching all the runners with just about a mile to go ~ waiting for Daddy!




Garrett ran with him when he got to us. He was hurting, but still running! Carolina had been clapping for the runners before Sean, but when Sean ran by she just pointed at him. It was like "what's Daddy doing out there?!?" Ha!



Finish Line!

I am so proud of my husband. He has found an amazing way to honor our son. I could not ask for more.

No comments: