Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Furminator

We have a black lab and hardwood floors. I sweep, look down, and there is still dog hair there. It is everywhere. I have been really worried about the dog hair with the new baby. So I did some research and found out the Furminator is by far the favorite to help prevent shedding. So I bought one. These things are not cheap. So The kids and I decided to conduct our own experiment. The website has a picture of a golden with a ton of hair surrounding it. Now Goldens have longer hair than labs, but we thought if we could get hair like that then it was worth it. It was hard to get the before picture. She saw me open the package and Sean was messing with her so she was excited.
So Sean held her down and I brushed, and brushed, and brushed. She had a lot of hair that came out! She loved it! I think she was waiting for her mani and pedi afterward.


I know it looks like Sean in choking her, but he was rubbing her ears and neck, and she was in heaven. It has to feel good to get all that extra hair off. I was still getting hair, but she was not sitting very still so I decided to try to get more tomorrow when we were home alone and she was more calm.
Anyway, experiment was a success. We decided if we scattered the hair out like it was in the photo she would probably have as much hair as the Golden, and we were not done! So the furminator is a success and hopefully worth the money!

8 comments:

PurpleDogMommy said...

I have a black lab as well and LOTS of dog hair. What's a "Furminator"???

chadandnikki said...

I have never had a lab until now. Emma is a lab mix and she sheds worse than any dog I have ever had. So this thing really works? I think I might have to invest.

Courtney said...

when it warms up a little we are taking the german shepherd out to the garage and do him...ill have to remember to take pics...last time, we had 3 extra dogs! I love my furminator!

Lexie said...

wowzers! That's a LOT of hair

Elizabeth said...

I have a golden and a husky and yes the furminator is the most awesome thing I have ever owned.

Julie said...

Oh my goodness! I wonder how much would come off of Miles? He goes through periods of shedding. Right now, it is pretty bad and he sleeps with Jenna so her sheets and quilt are covered in Miles hair when she gets up. I've been vaccuming and washing her sheets and quilt every couple of days. lol

Chrissy Cash said...

Monica - I looked at the Furminator at my vet's office and they wanted a lot for it so I waited (still haven't bought one, but after seeing your pics, I def. will) - I looked on ebay and searched "Furminator Large" and they had several at a Buy it Now price of about $13 or $14. I thought that it might be helpful to the others on here that have left comments. I was shocked at the pile of hair you brushed off your lab. I can't imagine what we will get off our golden. It will be a ton, I'm sure. I have to order one soon!

Jenn said...

Love my furminator! It's the best way to go!!