Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Just Could Not Let Today Pass.


The past 6 months I have had good days and I have had bad days. Today has been awful. Evan is 6 months old today. I just really don't know what to do with myself, so I just cry. This is really not a very good picture, but it is the first time I really got to see him and touch him. He was an hour old and was about to be taken to Childrens. He had a machine breathing for him instead of me. In a few hours we would start hearing the word Trisomy in relation to our child. Not a family we are praying for or wondering how they are surviving this, but OUR child. In some ways it seems so long ago, but in some ways just like yesterday. Happy Half Birthday Evan.

6 comments:

adafloyd said...

Words cannot express - that picture is absolutely perfect, Monica. He is a beautiful and precious little boy. I am so sorry he isn't in your arms today, but rather in his Father's. It isn't fair. It is sad and cruel and absolutely heartbreaking.

I will be praying for you all week. I am here if you need to talk, or just to cry. Please don't hesitate to call. I am so sorry today is already here.

Happy 6 month birthday, Little Evan.

Lexie said...

yes, happy birtday indeed little guy! hang in there Monica...hugs to you and yours.

Julie said...

I thought/prayed for you all day! Love you.

chadandnikki said...

Definitely praying for you. I am positive that Evan knows how much his Mommy loves him, and how hard it was for you to let him go. Much love to you.

I'll See You in Heaven said...

I came across your blog this morning and joined . I thought you might like to look at my blog http://heavenhealed.blogspot.com.
I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.Vickie

Anonymous said...

I think about you and Evan everyday and send you my love. April