This is a copy of an email Sean sent out. With me you get the emotional venting, but here is pretty much what we found out.
I would like to give you an update on my wife’s pregnancy after our visit to Little Rock last Friday. Although we received confirmation of the initial diagnosis that our child has a double outlet right ventricle (DORV), the rest of the indicators were predominately negative.
Assuming correct interpretation of the size of the right ventricle test, the child has between a 2.28% and 0.13% (z = to -2 to -3) chance of undergoing the patch procedure at two weeks of age.
Fluid was noted around the heart.
Size of one of the veins leading to the lower extremities was dilated.
Amniotic fluid levels were slightly low or requiring monitoring.
The child’s kidneys were enlarged slightly (5mm).
Through continued consultation, it seems that that we are going to rely upon birth to determine the final surgical outcome. Again, Monica and I thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.
Like I said, he can state facts without the emotional stuff taking over. So pretty much they don't know if we will be able to have the one open heart surgery or the three open heart surgeries. The growth of the left ventricle is so important right now. They just cannot determine if the left ventricle is adequate until they are able to do an echo on the baby without going through me first. Dr. Laws got some more info about the amniotic fluid and he was given a range that really was not that bad. I will have another ultrasound and a nonstress test on Friday to make sure everything is ok from that standpoint.
The baby is growing and moving like crazy. He/She is 3 pounds right now and measuring great as far as growth. That is really a good sign and something I am holding onto. Please keep us in your prayers. It is really all that is holding me together at this point.
Friday....I'm in Love
5 years ago